I love to eat, but I hate to cook. It’s not that I don’t like the process of cooking; it’s just that I don’t have time. My two favorite ways to cook are 1) grilling and 2) throwing a bunch of ingredients into a pan and shoving it into the oven to cook itself. Over the years, I’ve put together a three-ring binder of easy dishes to make. Here is one of my newest favorites (because my husband really likes this one and it’s super easy to prepare). I guarantee you’re going to love it, too!
1 lb extra lean ground beef½ onion, chopped or minced
½ cup green pepper, chopped or minced (optional)
1 jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 lb (approx) frozen cheese ravioli
1 ½ cup shredded cheese, any kind
Heat oven to 350 degrees – use a 13 x 9 baking dish – bake for 1 hour
Brown meat, onion and green pepper in skillet. Stir in spaghetti sauce, sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Simmer until bubbling.
Layers:1. Spread half the meat/sauce mixture on the bottom of the baking dish
2. Sprinkle with ½ cup of the shredded cheese
3. Spread out all of the ravioli to make one layer
4. Sprinkle with ½ cup of shredded cheese
5. Cover the top with the last half of meat/sauce mixture
6. Sprinkle with the last ½ cup of shredded cheese
7. Cover dish with tin foil
Bake 50 minutes or until heated through, uncovering for the last 10 minutes to brown the cheese on top. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before spooning to serve.
* * *Denise Devine is a USA TODAY bestselling author who has had a passion for books since she discovered Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder in second grade. She wrote her first book, a mystery, at age thirteen and has been writing ever since. Her newest publication, A Christmas To Remember, is on sale now for 99 cents. And, yes, it includes a pet!
Have you signed up for our Sweet Romance Reads newsletter? Scroll down the right side of the blog and enter your email address under Newsletter Signup.
Want to chat with your favorite author and find new ones? Join us at the Sweet Romance Reads Café. There’s always something going on!