|Me at a department store in Taiwan.|
1) I was born in Taiwan, but immigrated to California with my parents when I was five. Although I'm fairly Americanized, my Chinese heritage is very much a part of my life, which is why I like to include Asian characters in my books.
2) When I was a toddler, my mom took me to visit my dad at work (he worked in a restaurant's kitchen at the time). I had a balloon in my hand that flew away and when I ran after it, I fell into a hot pot of curry chicken! This explains why I didn't like the taste of curry for a long, long time.
3) For my high school French class, I was given the task of making a garlic dip for a potluck we were having. The recipe called for 5 cloves of garlic. I had no idea what a clove was (this was before the internet existed), so I ended up adding 5 whole heads of garlic! You can imagine my teacher's reaction when she tasted it!
4) Before I became an author (and stay-at-home mom), I worked in the Human Resources department at a biotech company and also as a therapist at a non-profit organization and a public elementary school.
5) I share the same personality as Vin Diesel, Beyonce and Kate Middleton; we are all ISFJ's (a Defender type). I married an ENTP (a Debater type), so I totally believe opposites attract and work well together (hubby and I will be celebrating 16 years of marriage in May).
6) I have a sister who is ten years younger than me. She had her first baby six months ago, and let me tell you, being an auntie is so much easier than being a mom. ;)
7) My hubby is the only man I've ever kissed and provides a lot of inspiration for the stories I write. He also helped start my author journey by encouraging me to enter a children's picture book contest. I submitted a story I had written in high school, which didn't win, but still ended up getting published. (It's available here if you're interested!)
Soon after that, I began writing books for grown-ups and haven't been able to stop since. :) Now that you know me a little better, I'd love to hear a fun fact about you!
Liwen Y. Ho is an Amazon bestselling author of contemporary romance, both sweet and inspirational. A marriage and family therapist in her pre-author life, she enjoys creating realistic characters and helping them find their happily-ever-afters. She lives in California with her techie husband and their two munchkins, and blogs about life as a recovering perfectionist.
She has written three novellas in the Taking Chances series and also three short stories in the Seasons of Love series (the last one will be available this summer).
She'd love to hear from you! Find her online here:
Don't forget to subscribe (click HERE) to the Sweet Romance Reads newsletter for:
- Fresh new short romantic stories
- Our latest news about new romances we hope you will enjoy
- The chance to win prizes and books
- Personal insights into the each author
- Invitations to Facebook and Goodreads Events