Because I'm new to Sweet Romance Reads (January 2017), I introduced myself just three months ago on my fiftieth birthday and gave away 5 winners' choices of kindle-edition books. Remember that fun? Thank you again for the incredibly warm welcome and the ongoing support. I haven't a good excuse this time, so I'll make one up.
I hereby declare April 25th Reader Appreciation Day, as I want very much to say THANK YOU...with a drawing of TEN winners and TEN books! (impress me with the quantity of entries, like last January, and I'll double this number to TWENTY!)
Why? (thinly disguised as More About Kristin)
1. I genuinely enjoy showing my appreciation and giving back to readers.
2. I can't think of a better way to SAY THANK YOU.
3. I subscribed to Stamps.com for the convenience of shipping paperback books without ever leaving my home office. I LOVE avoiding the Post Office! Might as well use this convenient service I pay money for.
4. Although my name is also e-free, like the other correctly spelled Kristin on the Sweet Romance Reads team, I write Sweet Western Historical Romance (Kristin Wallace writes Sweet Contemporary)...and enjoy introducing my work.
5. **I have no trouble giving away the farm.**
6. I've discovered many readers enjoy collecting autographed paperback books--even if they prefer to read the kindle edition...or usually purchase/borrow the eBook.
7. I have oodles of my paperbacks (I may or may not have the "if one is good, fifty is better" attitude).
8. Connecting with readers is heartening, rejuvenating, and reminds me that it is for YOU that I write.
9. I write frequent blog posts about everything "Old West"--tidbits of accurate history I found and fell in love with while researching for my books.
10. Today, my sixteen titles are all historical...but this year I'm breaking that mold and my first contemporary will be published this autumn!
11. I have a new page on my website For Writers. If you're writing, or want to start, come see.
12. I'm a severe chronic pain sufferer.
APRIL 25: READER APPRECIATION DAY
1. Let's GO BIG or GO HOME. TEN (to TWENTY) names will be drawn at random from all entries, and each winner will receive their choice of any one title I've written, either in kindle OR in autographed paperback (as available).
2. Winners must be willing to provide me EITHER their standard email address or mailing address, privately, by Facebook's IM [instant messaging] / PM [private messaging] for use only in delivering their choice of book titles and formats. I promise winners will not suddenly find their email on my newsletter list or sold to some strange company. The drawing will close at midnight tonight (4-25-17), and winners will be drawn and announced tomorrow morning (4-26-17) in two places: an update to this blog post AND on Sweet Romance Reads Cafe (on FB).
3. TO ENTER, do three things: 1) Comment on this blog post, right here on SweetRomanceReads.com with an answer to this question: What is your preferred way to learn about your favorite authors' new releases? (answers might include, but are not limited to: Author Newsletter, BookBub notices, Amazon "Follow" emails, Facebook posts, blog posts, etc.) 2) Please FOLLOW me on BookBub (I'm new there), 3) then Comment on the pinned post on Sweet Romance Reads Cafe (this link on Facebook), about this blog article-- something simple like A) repeat your answer to the new release announcement method of preference, or B) a "Followed on BookBub!", or C) "Hoping to win _(title)_" (insert the title of mine you plan to claim if your name is drawn).
|Click on the image to visit BookBub|
Note: If you're not on BookBub, you're missing out! You might want to take a minute to register. If not, you're not out of the running--consider an alternative (your favorite method of hearing about new releases: sign up for my newsletter, friend me on Facebook, follow/like my Author Page, or Follow me on Amazon, and let your reply to this post in comments section reflect the substitution).
4. To Sweeten The Deal: For a SECOND ENTRY (yes! your name in the Stetson, on two different slips of paper), share the pinned post about this blog article on your own timeline, making sure you TAG ME (Author Kristin Holt) so I know--and if in doubt, send me a PM on FB (with the link if possible).
Kristin Holt, USA Today Bestselling Author, writes Sweet Victorian Romance set in the American West. She writes frequently about Old West history and contributes monthly to Sweet Romance Reads, Sweet Americana Sweethearts, and Romancing the Genres.
Website | Email | Newsletter | Twitter | Pinterest | g+| Facebook Profile | Facebook Fan Page | Goodreads | BookBub | Amazon
Copyright © 2017 Kristin Holt LC