Hi there. I'm Milou. It's re-introduce yourself month here on Sweet Romance Reads, so I'm here to share a bit about me and hope you'll all share a bit about you so we can get to know each other.
Who I am
Here's the official bio:
Milou Koenings is an award-winning USA Today bestselling author who writes romance because, like chocolate, stories with happy endings bring joy to the world and so make it a better place.
Yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't tell you much besides the fact I eat too much chocolate. What can I tell you — I'm shy.
Five Funky Facts about Me
1. Lets start with the question I'm asked all the time. That name. It's Meeloo, accent on the Mee. Not My-lou. Although I'm so used to the latter by now that I honestly don't care either way.
The only other Milou I know is also Belgian, which is exactly what someone else recently said to me, too. So it seems I have a uniquely Belgian name. Technically, it's a contraction: Myriam Louise. But my parents were overly fond of Tintin, the cartoon character, and his dog's name is Milou. So you can see I might have some complicated feelings about canines, being named for one...
For all you dog-lovers out there, rest assured. I do like dogs - but only the really big ones. Great Danes are my favorite. Cats? I love them black.
2. I've lived for at least a year in 12 different countries and spent time in about 30 others.
3. Number 2 probably explains why I am passionately in love with small towns where everyone has known each other forever.
4. My favorite bird? Owls. I have a huge collection of them gathering dust all over my house. I keep saying I'm going to box them away, but each one reminds me of a place I visited, or a particular special day. So they stay.
5. I always need to have a dozen projects going on at the same time. So I have multiple works in progress at any given time and I still have a day job, several in fact. But whatever it is I do, I do it from home, because that's where my heart is.
6. As you see, math is not my forte...
Something You'd Never Guess About Me
Both my mother and my granny, my father's mother, were ladies-in-waiting. Yes, to real queens. One of these days, I'm going to spill the beans and write a royal romance — if they let me, which hasn't happened yet.
Why I write sweet romance
Because, as a Harvard study discovered, investing in our relationships with lovers, family, friends and community is what keeps us happy and healthier. (We needed a 75-year-long study to tell us this?)
So as a writer, I can't think of anything better than to write about love and kindness.
You want more dirty details? You'll find them here on my website.
My sweet romances — in chronological order
I don't write my Green Pines series in chronological order. They come into the world as the characters demand their own stories. They books feature recurring characters, but each one is a stand along story. However, if you want to read them in the order the stories happened in the universe of Green Pines, this is how they go:
A former Marine. A single mom. Two broken people.
A twist of fate. An overbooked flight. Christmas in Africa will flip her life upside down.
Covington Black knows what he wants. He wants to believe Ella’s the one, and yet it seems like falling for her is the one thing he shouldn’t have done.
He’s an ex-con, she’s a socialite.
He saves her life, she could make or break his; will the gift of love come in time?
Sign up for my newsletter, so you'll be the first to know about new releases!
And don’t forget to sign up for the Sweet Romance Reads newsletter. Scroll down the right side of our blog and enter your email address under Newsletter Signup.
Now it's your turn. Come join us in the Facebook Sweet Romance Reads Cafe and let's get to know each other!