Kids of all ages enjoy Easter Egg Hunts. Here’s some fun ideas to host a hunt filled with fun, not frustration. Don’t forget your basket, and let’s get scavenging!
1. Use Plastic Eggs: I use mine from year to year. They are sturdy and small candy is easily hidden inside them.
2. Assign Egg Colors: If you’re hosting an Easter egg hunt for different ages, you can hide the “orange and green eggs” in an easy spot for the younger children, and the “red and blue” eggs in a more difficult spot for older children.
3. Make up clues inside each egg. For example: “You’re doing great, now take a look, the next one might be near a book.” (I'm sure yours will be better than mine!) :)
4. If you have a large group of children, divide into teams. Each team could choose a color. Be sure you have an equal number of colored eggs for each team.
5. For younger children, plant their favorite small stuffed animals along the way for them to “discover.”
6. Use a flashlight or glow stick for a fun, nighttime Easter egg hunt.
7. Choose a grand prize at the end. To avoid too much candy, consider a children’s toy or coloring book instead.
Have you ever planned or participated in an Easter Egg hunt? Please share your ideas and experiences in the comments below. One lucky winner will be randomly selected to win a free Audiobook (a $14.95 value!), of Seeking Patience, my Regency Inspirational romance. Check back tomorrow for winner announcement and details.
USA TODAY Bestselling Author Josie Riviera writes Historical, Inspirational and Sweet Romances. She lives in the Charlotte, NC, area with her wonderfully supportive husband. They share their home with an adorable Shih Tzu who constantly needs grooming and live in an old house forever needing renovations. Subscribe to her newsletter to receive a free sweet (and spicy!) short story romance.
Don’t forget to sign up for our Sweet Romance Reads newsletter. Scroll down the right side of our blog and enter your email address under Newsletter Signup. And come join us in our Facebook Sweet Romance Reads Cafe too.