Sometimes I find myself complaining about the smallest things, like when the internet is too slow or the weather is still hot long after summer is over. And I have to remind myself how blessed I am to have the internet and access to air conditioning. There are so many people who would probably give anything to have them too.
So, I began the habit of making a mental list of things that I’m thankful for. Here are a few of them:
1. Electricity – Having access to electricity makes life amazing! I shudder when I imagine what it would be like without it.
2. Shelter – Even though my home is in desperate need of costly repairs, I have a safe place to live. What if I didn’t have a home at all?
3. Food – My dad often told me that when he first came to
4. The Internet – In honor of all those who don’t have a connection to the World Wide Web, I will be thankful that I do, even when it’s slow or isn’t working and a service technician isn’t available for days. Most of the time, it is awesome.
5. Life – Just getting up in the morning and walking without assistance is the biggest blessing of all. Yes, my body aches like crazy sometimes and sometimes I’m dizzy and my head hurts because of allergies or for whatever reason. But there are people who can’t get out of bed at all and who never will again.
There’s so much else to be thankful for, like family and friends, and just too many things to name. I will be reflecting on them this thanksgiving season – and all year long.
What about you? What are you thankful for?
Here’s wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
is a Martinez
Today bestselling author. She writes sweet, Christian and Spanish romance. She
has an USA MFA in Creative Writing
with an emphasis in Screenwriting. Her debut novel, Mail-Order Groom, started
as a screenplay and movie project, which she shopped around , and other parts of
the world. You can learn more about her at www.cindyfloresmartinez.com Hollywood,